A Travel Club
A leading Travel Club increased membership levels and adjusted pricing based on customer segmentation, perceptions and awareness, and conjoint analysis.
A Travel Club that is the world’s largest seller of curated group travel wanted to:
- Learn who their customers are and how best to segment them into meaningful groups,
- Identify what potential customers seek in a travel club,
- Discover the optimal pricing for current and new product offerings, and
- Align marketing with corporate strategy to drive an expansion of their membership base.
Beresford Research designed the methodology for its longtime partner, the travel research company PhoCusWright, and together we proposed the winning multi-phase study.
Beresford Research conducted a multi-phase, custom research study, including:
- Global surveys in six countries and four languages,
- Segmentation analysis of current members,
- Analysis of U.S. traveler attitudes and perceptions,
- Review of competitive travel club offerings detailing programs, features, benefits, and fees, and
- A pricing study using conjoint analysis to determine the optimal pricing for a range of products.
By uncovering the brand’s strengths and weaknesses, we enabled the Travel Club to make fact-based strategic decisions that increased revenues and profitability.